Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Leftovers

I love everything about Thanksgiving.  It's so steeped in tradition for my family.  As a child, this was the holiday that we hosted at our house.  Even as a child, we all helped my mother peel potatoes, taste test pies and polish the silver.  Now that I have children who have left the nest, this holiday is even more important to me that we continue this tradition!  My sons bring their girlfriends over, and my daughter helps me just like I helped my mom.  It's a always a fun day filled with way too much food, family photos and of course, football!

Once all the shopping, preparing, and cooking are done, another wonderful thing about Thanksgiving is LEFTOVERS!  If you are wondering what to do with all that leftover turkey, the Butterball website has great ideas on what to do with it.  Of course there is the old standby, turkey sandwiches, but they give some great new ideas and recipes to put all those leftovers to good use!

Happy Turkey Day!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment