Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Do you want flowers or do you want meaningful?

Last Friday, I was teasing my husband while we were at Sam's Club about flowers.  Our 20th Anniversary was coming up THE NEXT day and I will shamefacededly admit that I was "hinting".  Blatantly.  I wanted flowers.  I LOVE flowers.  Flowers say, "I love you."  Right?  OOOF.  What he said next could have tipped me over with a feather.  He said, "Do you want flowers?  Or do you want meaningful?

Well, pretty sure I'd be a real jerk if I didn't pick meaningful.  I did, of course.  He just smiled a secret smile and went on with his day.  Curiosity didn't kill me, but pretty sure it beat me within an inch of my life.  By the end of the day, I was exhausted just from wondering what he had planned.

He finally decided to put me out of my misery right around midnight.  He suddenly got up, pounded on our son's door, and said, "I need that stuff you've been hiding for me."  Good place to hide it.  I wouldn't go in his room with a ten foot pole.  LOL!  He came out with a picture board and a box.

The tears started immediately.  With 12 pictures, the help of my son and Mr. Monogram, he gave me meaningful.  He went through our crazy life of over 20 years together, and somehow managed to pull out 12 of my favorites pictures of our life that told "our story".  And then he titled it....."The First 20 Years".   He also worked with Lori and Owen at Mr. Monogram to create the most amazing blanket I've ever seen with the same lovely words.

I love flowers, but I love meaningful more.  Thank you, Rick, for the most amazing anniversary ever!  Here's to the next 20 years!  LOVE YOU FOREVER



No comments:

Post a Comment