Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Amateur Photography

I will never forget my first digital camera.  I actually won it in a contest online back in 1999.  It was a wonderful little Kodak that opened up a whole new world for me.  Being able to take as many pictures as I wanted, only printing the ones I wanted and then being able to use them on my computer to boot was heaven!

As a mom of three young children, I immediately fell in love with my camera.  I upgraded a few years later to a better Kodak, then eventually a little Sony, then I went to a Canon.  I am now on my third Canon.  We have a wonderful relationship together.

A few years ago, we saved up almost enough to pave our gravel driveway.  That was right around the same time that the Canon EOS 7D came out.   I gave my husband the puppy dog look, and I had a great argument that I still tell people today....

"20 years from now,  I won't care that my driveway was muddy in the spring, but with this amazing camera, I will be able to show my grandchildren amazing photos of their mother, my daughter, gracefully dancing her way across the stage.  I will be able to show my sons children incredible action shots of their daddies playing football, wrestling and more."

He just shook his head and let me win.  I have a HUGE collection of incredible photos now of dance recitals, football games, proms, wrestling meets, family memories and more.  Never regretted it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment