Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Couch to 5K

Every year I say that I am going to get in shape and run a 5k.  WIll this be my year?  Not sure but I am always trying trying trying.  If I stop trying, I am screwed.

So, again, my favorite resource in the world is Google.  I used to call my mom.  "Ma, how long do you cook a ham.  Ma, what do I give the baby for a fever.  Ma, where is the best place to go fishing in Northern Minnesota." Etc etc.  My mom passed away 8 years ago, so now Google is Ma.  LOL!

If you google couch to 5K you will find about 4 1/2 million results full of tips, advice, mobile apps and more!  That's a lot of info!  I decided to narrow it down to my local area, and that narrowed it WAY down.  If you search your area, you can find info on local running events.  Another good resource is your friends.  Chances are you know at least one person that likes to run.  (Pssss....runners are a little crazy)  HA.  But, talk to them, and they will help you.  Runners love to convert non runners.  One of these days I will get brave enough to talk to my crazy runner friends and have them convert me!  Just not today.  

There is also several amazing apps on mobile to help you out as well.  The couch to 5k mobile app is great because it is made for beginning runners.  

No comments:

Post a Comment