Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Kelly Rutherford Shares Her Timeless Fashion Tip

Ever since I have started watching Gossip Girl, I haven't been able to stop. It's fun to fantasize and dream about life in the Upper East side, and to see Chase Crawford in action (oh my)! Fashion and style is a large part of the upper east side lifestyle and actress Kelly Rutherford, who plays Serena's Mom, Lilly, is a fashion icon. I have a hard time imagining her as someone other than Lilly, but she shared with US Magazine her timeless fashion tips: "Once a year, I'd go and buy a beautiful Hermes bag ... and I mix it with my J. Crew and Club Monaco [outfits]". She usually splurges on one or a few accessories, such as Orange County Jewelers, and then mixes and matches with what she has. She goes on to say, "I don't spend a lot of money on my everyday clothes."
Can you relate to Kelly? I definitely can, I too splurge on one item, usually a handbag of some sort or shoes, and then mix with cheaper clothing. I can't justify spending tons of money on every item of clothing I have so by treating myself to something really nice every few months, or years, satisfies my fashion tooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment