Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Photo Editing Made Easy

I have always been fascinated by photography.   I had an earlier post about cameras I liked, but now I want to share some of my photo editing secrets.  Sometimes even the best camera doesn't come out with a nice photo, but photo editing can fix a LOT.  More than you could imagine!  And you don't need to be a pro to know how to do it.  By using an online photo software program, that is free, you can make amazing pictures, fix problems related to lighting and enhance lighting, shadows, blemishes, red eye and more!

While there are several places that you can edit photos online, my favorite is Ribbet, formerly known as Piknik.  You simply upload your photo and start playing!  You can crop, resize, color, add text, and more.  My favorite one ever though is "auto fix"  It really does almost everything you need it to do!  With just a couple clicks, look how much you can change the original photo.

All I did to this photo was adjust the exposure, highlights and shadows, and add a black vignette border.  It went from a pretty much unusable photo that would normally get deleted to a very cool looking sports photo!  Go play and see what you can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment