Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

End of Watch

I don't normally do movie reviews, but I am breaking my rule today!  I don't generally go to movie theaters either.  I had heard wonderful things about the movie, End of Watch, but just from the title, I decided to wait until it came out on dvd.  

Why you ask?  Aren't action movies better on the big screen?  Yes, normally.  However, the title.  End.  Of.  Watch.  To an officer's wife, that only means one thing.  It doesn't mean the end of the day.  It doesn't mean the end of the week.  It doesn't mean the end of the schedule or month or year.  It means that you are attending a funeral.  To a law enforcement family, end of watch means that an officer has died, and his watch has forever ended.  I knew that no matter how good or bad the movie was, I was going to bawl like a baby, and I really prefer not to do that in public.

I won't ruin the movie for those who have not seen it, but it is a wonderful, gritty view of officer's life.  While a little over the top at times, it's much closer to reality than CSI or any other cop show or movie I have ever seen.  Spoiler alert, if the f word offends you, you definitely want to cross this off your watch list.  It's liberally peppered with that word.  However, Anna Kendrick is in this movie, and I adore her, so all the f bombs are worth it!  This movie will touch your heart even if you aren't part of an LEO family.  A must watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment