Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Summer Shoes!


I know, it's still March, but summer IS coming, and I love it!  Being barefoot, toes in the sand, dipping in the pool.  My feet love summer.  No socks, no nothing.  Until this year.  UGH!  I am plagued with foot problems.  I've had three foot surgeries.  Bunion twice on one foot, another bone fix surgery on the other, broken bones, and my latest bane, plantar fasciitis.  Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the thick tissue on the bottom of the foot. This tissue is called the plantar fascia. It connects the heel bone to the toes and creates the arch of the foot.  

I was told by my doctor NO MORE BARE FEET!  Pfffffffft.  I am not a happy camper.  I was told that I needed to wear shoes at ALL times.  I resisted for a long time.  But, then I found the right shows and hallelujah!  It was actually by accident.  I was at a local store and the lady asked what I was looking for.  I was looking at some Born shoes and she asked why.  I've never had anyone ask my why?  I said I wanted good arch support.  She told me Born doesn't have good arch support, but that Merrells did.  

I slipped on a pair and instantly felt an improvement! They were slip on clogs and I figure I just got really lucky, and then I knew summer was coming, and I can't wear these all year!  So I ordered a pair of sandals and felt the same magic!  If you have any foot issues, try them out and let me know if it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment