Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Beyond Banana Bread

I have been baking a lot lately.  Just look at my hips.  Sheesh.  It's like I've been trying to put a winter coat on so that I can hibernate or something.  Oh well, such is life.  My yearly cycle of gain in the winter, lose in the spring has never changed and I've just stopped trying to fight it.  Besides, life is short and food is good.  I am not a very good dieter.  LOL!

If you are healthy, or not, this treat is sure to please.  This is the most amazing fruit bread recipe EVER.  I say fruit bread instead of banana bread because there are tons of options for this recipe.

Instead of using bananas (even though that is delicious) try using canned pumpkin, or a jar of poppyseed and the zest of 4 lemons, or ANY baby food, or use raisins and applesauce - way good!  Be creative.  It's the richest, densest banana bread I've ever had in my life.  Enjoy!

1 cup milk
mix with 1 tablespoon vinegar.
Set aside

In large bowl mix
2 1/2 cups of flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup mashed fruit
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs

Mix well

Add 2 teaspoons of baking soda to the milk mixture, then dump in large bowl with other ingredients and mix well.

Pour into two loaf pans and bake for 60 minutes at 350.  ENJOY!  Visit my recipe section of ChildFun for more of my favorite recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment