Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Twilight Fans

I have been a fan of vampire fiction since I was 13 years old and first read Stephen King's "Salem's Lot".  Over the years, I have read just about every vampire series ever written.  When Twilight came out, it was no different.  Let's face it, love it or hate it, the only thing that you can't deny is that it is a phenomenon.  That's all good and fine, but it really did my heart good on a much more personal level.

My fifteen year old daughter discovered and fell in love with the books.  I've always been a reader.  She likes to read, but the last few years, not so much.  So, when she fell head over heels for these books I was thrilled.  She's made it through the books and watched the movies together and it's been a great bonding experience for us together.  

Sitting in the theater watching the last movie in the series, Breaking Dawn Part 2 was such a delight for me since she hasn't finished the book yet.  Is this a post about being in love with Twilight?  No, not really.  It's about finding something in common with your kids and going with it and enjoying it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment